500 ml chopped cremini mushrooms
1 large eggplant
250 ml walnuts
250 ml basil
125 ml olive oil
5 ml sea salt
Bell Pepper Tapenade
1 large bell pepper
60 ml basil
30 ml olive oil
1 ml salt
- In the Glass Personal Blender with vacuum container, blend the pesto sauce and bell pepper tapenade separately.
- In a mid-sized mixing bowl, toss the chopped cremini mushrooms with 125 ml of the pesto sauce.
- Let the mushrooms sit and slice 12 thin rounds of eggplant.
- Line a dehydrator tray with a non-stick drying sheet and fill each round with 30 ml of mushroom mix.
- Lay side by side, so they easily hold each other up. Dehydrate at 52ºC for 4 hours. During this time, the food temp never exceeds 48ºC, but stays up over 40ºF for safe dehydrating.
- When the time is done, top each eggplant appetizer with fresh pesto dollop and red bell pepper dollop. Serve garnished with fresh basil and a pinch of sea salt!
Tools to prepare your recipe