Bar Base Ingredients
1 L pecans
500 ml raw cacao
250 ml raw agave nectar or raw honey
15 ml cinnamon
5 ml sea salt
250 ml almonds
250 ml goji berries
250 ml espresso beans (optional, replace with cacao nibs)
125 ml coconut butter
125 ml raw cacao
80 ml raw agave nectar or raw honey
5 ml sea salt
Toffee Bars with Goji Berries
- In a basic food processor with the s-blade in place, process the nuts from the bar base into a basic meal. Add in the cacao and spices and pulse until well-combined. Then add the desired sweetener while the machine is in operation. Turn off food processor once dough ball is formed.
- Line a dehydration tray with a mesh screen and a nonstick drying sheet of your choice.
- Transfer dough ingredients onto the dehydration tray and press out evenly to cover the tray.
- In a mid-sized bowl, whisk together the cacao, sweetener of choice, and sea salt until well-combined.
- Using an offset spatula spread out this mixture over the bar base.
- Then in the food processor with the s-blade attachment in place, pulse the remaining topping ingredients until chopped down to smaller pieces. Take this topping and sprinkle over the bars.
- Once completely assembled, place dehydration tray in the dehydrator set at 48°C. Dehydrate at 48°C for 2 hours until the toffee bar has become cake-like.
- Serve warm or freeze and serve cold. Store leftovers for up to 21 days in the refrigerator.
Tools to prepare your recipe