Simple Wreath Salads are an easy way to decorate your table and offer a fresh healthy dish for your holiday feast! Try this seasonal combination featuring the best seasonal fruits and vegetables for the winter:
Total time: 15 mins
By: Jenny Ross
mixed leafy greens
gala, pink lady, or fuji apple
raw pecan pieces
30 ml olive or avocado oil
15 ml stone ground mustard
15 ml raw agave
- Whisk dressing ingredients together. (This quantity serves 4, you can easily double or triple the batch as needed for the centerpiece of your wreath)
- Clean all the lettuces and dry well.
- Cut the beet into 6 mm thick segments and then using a star cookie cutter press into star shapes.
- Slice the apple into 8 equal segments around the core. Then slice each segment into thin pieces. Or if you have a mandolin available slice into 3 mm slices on the mandolin or using the Choisons V-Slicer.
- Prepare the pomegranate seeds by removing any segments of skin still remaining.
- Lay out on a round plate around the edges a base of mixed lettuces.
- Then layer around each topping ingredient until your wreath is formed.
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Tools to prepare your recipe